8.16.2013

FLASHBACK FRIDAY - ODC FOREVER

Orem Dance Company 2012
Today I watched the Orem Dance Company concert from my Junior year and I decided that I wanted to share a few of the pieces I was lucky enough to choreograph for my company. The first video was one of the first things I had EVER choreographed. I taught that piece my junior year. It's crazy to think that, that was my first real taste of teaching dance.

The second piece I choreographed about a year ago. It was a half time for dance company just this last year. It's crazy to me to see how far I've come. Even without dancing at a studio this past year, I have grown as a dancer. I have been able to teach and spread my knowledge of dance to young dancers and it feels amazing. I can't wait to see what else I can do with everything I've learned.

The third video is my Senior Solo. I've already posted this before, but since I'm showing off my work I thought it'd be appropriate to post again. One of my favorite moments performing on a stage is when I performed my solo. I was so nervous to perform this and after I did I felt so proud of myself. I will never forget when my hero and director Hollie texted me seconds after performing my solo saying, "That was the greatest I've ever seen you dance." I love Hollie. She is my role model. 





Hollie and I
I miss dancing so much. It was and still is such a huge part of my life that I will never give up. Yes, I quit dancing at a studio, but it doesn't mean that my love for dance changed at all. Dancing at a studio is hard and time consuming. It is a huge commitment that I just couldn't handle anymore. I don't regret quitting one bit, but I miss it like crazy. I need to get my butt into a dance class ASAP.
The girls of ODC 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing from you! xoxo