8.14.2013

I'M NOT IN HIGH SCHOOL ANYMORE....WHAT?!


It's so crazy to me that I won't be going to Orem High this year. It's still doesn't feel like my high school life is over and that I graduated back in May. Orem Dance Company started practices yesterday and that makes me sad. I'm sad that I won't be performing at half times and assemblies. I'm sad that I won't get to see the crazy and amazing Hollie every other day. I'm sad I won't be able to have gossip hour in her office while we make the younger kids do that hard work. I'm sad I won't have to scramble to make up choreography the night before I have to teach. I'm sad that I won't have to figure out how to get out of going to ARC or how to get out for pride lunch. I'm sad that I won't have to do stupid student council stuff everyday of my freaking life. I'm sad that I won't have to try getting away with parking in faculty parking all the time. GOSH, it makes me sad that I'm not in high school anymore... Okay, that's a lie. I am BEYOND grateful that I don't have to go back, but it makes me sad that all my high school experiences are just memories now. I don't get to go back and try to make this year better than the last. I had my chance, high school is over... Dance company is something that I will miss for the rest of my life! It was the absolute BEST part of my high school experience. It literally kept me sane. 

Now, I have to grow up. Growing up is scary. I made the decision to not attend college until the Spring and I am honestly very happy with my choice. I'm excited to see what life is going to throw at me. I'm excited to get a job...NOT, but I seriously need to. Life is moving along too fast. My friends are all moving, going to college, going on missions. The kids I used to see and talk to everyday I don't even see anymore. Life after high school is nuts. To all you high school kids out there about to start school, PLEASE (I beg you) enjoy every minute of it. I know it's hard and you don't want to be there, (TRUST ME, I know. One hundred and fifty absences my senior year...Yeah that's me) but it will be over before you know it. Enjoy every ARC you have to go to. Enjoy every stupid packet you have to finish before graduation. ENJOY EVERYTHING. If you are attending Orem High, you're some of the luckiest kids out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing from you! xoxo